Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Zephyr - In a Better Place in a Better Time

Here I share some thoughts on two songs that I've connected with since I was a teenager.  And I was totally wrong on the title of the Streetlight Manifesto song .. it's actually called "In a Better Place, In a Better Time". 

When I was a junior in high school, I took a Greek Mythology class and my teacher was frikkin awesome.  She would tell the different stories and was so awesome at it!
One story she shared was the story of Persephone and Demeter.  And in the story Hades takes Persephone to the Underworld on a Zephyr.  Automatically I imagined a dark but godly chariot.  I later learned that it was actually a wind .. but everything is open to interpretation. Just like this song.  It's likely this song is about drugs and stuff (the video is pretty psychedelic) but for me, it's a different type of escape.  It's like how I imagined the chariot flying in the sky.  It just really soothes me.

Now for this song, I like the whole song but it's really just the lines "And when you wake up everything is going to be fine I guarantee that you wake up in a better place in a better time". Again, for me it's about things getting better and that no matter how crappy it is right now, you'll be okay.  You're not on this earth to suffer your entire life.  Everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment