Saturday, February 16, 2013

February IPSY

For those of you who don't know, IPSY is a beauty subscription you recieve by mail.  It's $10/month (that INCLUDES shipping) and you get five beauty samples.

Here is where you can see my January IPSY.

So just like my first IPSY glam bag I wasn't too impressed at first but after trying them out I was impressed.

The first thing I pulled out was the LashCards..yeah I will tell you now I won't use them.  I get the "point" of them but srsly .. I've survived this long without them and I'm generally pretty clean to when I put on my mascara.  Lash cards are creating a crutch to a problem we don't have and could easily clean up.

And as I've continued to use the Pixi Flawless and Poreless I'm still very happy with it.  But it costs $29 for a 1oz. container of it so I'll need to think about it.  I survived without it so far and I do have a discount code through IPSY and I can take advantage of before it expires..but yeah.  I'll have to think about it as I continue to use it.

So far I've only used the Coastal Scents eyeshadows just once but I was pleased with it .. even more pleased when I saw how cheap everything on their website is (plus an IPSY discount code!) but it's a bummer because it doesn't look like it's sold in stores.  I'm good on eyeshadows for now but when it's time to get more I'll likely order from there.

Now for the mascara that I got..I still haven't tried it.  Like I mentioned in the video, I just bought two new mascaras plus got another sample mascara in my Glossybox so I'm "good" on mascaras for now as well.  But I've heard it's a good one!

Now for the MicaBeauty gel liner...wow..I was so impressed.  I've always been too nervous to try gel liners.  Last time I got my makeup done at MAC my girl mentioned that's her favorite way of applying liner and I just wasn't having it.  I liked how it looked but was overwhelmed with applying it since this was before I even got a handle on applying eyeliner on my lid in general.  But now I may have converted.  Mostly since I was able to use it for my lower lashes as well and was able to bring it all together.  I was satisfied with the look and how it lasted.  Plus the "sample" I got will last me a long time.  It's a bummer though, full price it's $30..ugh..so we'll see how I feel about it when I go through my sample.  It's likely I'll stick with my $1 E.L.F. liner and then use a second eyeliner pencil for my bottom lashes..but we'll see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment