Wednesday, March 13, 2013

B. Philthy Q&A #2

Just another Q&A .. these make videos a bit easier and harder at the same time.  Haha.

Here are some more thoughts beyond what I said in the video...

Question Two:
I want to say again that someone's past is super important and I do want to know about things.  But it's okay to not start talking about those things until after the first few dates (unless it comes up, is relevant or feels like a good time).  I certainly wouldn't say go longer than a month (if you're seeing them regularly) to talk about important things like kids, divorce and other "major" things.  But I think a good guideline is date #3 to talk about those things.  There really isn't much reason to bring it up sooner since you're getting to know them and finding out if there's potential in the first place.

I mention I didn't know about my ex husband's first marriage until after a month of dating.  I found out in a "weird" way.  One friend of mine hinted that he had something to tell me at some point but it wasn't a huge deal then another friend kind of .. told me .. thinking I already knew.  I was upset at first but I wasn't going to hold it against him (at the time) because it was still early on and we were still getting to know each other.  Of course I would've rather him tell me and not my friends .. so hopefully he learned from that.  But..yeah .. I need to stop talking about that now.


No comments:

Post a Comment