Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gunmetal Smokey Eye

So..welcome..this is what I did...
I used the Urban Decay Mariposa Palette for this look and actually did something different with my top liner.  It's something that has taken a few years (for me) to get a hang of.  But really I think a lot of people I know have been able to do it easily.

My Eyes:
  1. Apply Mac Pro Longwear Concealer as an eye shadow base.
  2. With a fluffy brush and "Money" apply to the upper crease.
  3. With a more dense blending brush apply "Mushroom" to the crease.
  4. With a flat shader brush pack on "Gunmetal" all over the lid and do not go into the crease.
  5. With the brush with "Mushroom" blend out the edges of "Gunmetal".
  6. Apply a black pencil eyeliner to the top lid (the part I finally was able to do without looking like crap) and smudge it and blend into "Gunmetal" with "Creep" from the first Naked Palette (second from right).
  7. Tight line with a black pencil liner and also add it to the bottom lash line.
  8. Slightly blend out the bottom lash line with "Creep" with a pencil brush.
  9. Put Virgin from the Naked Palette (first from left) in the inner corners and highlight.
  10. For mascara I used my Tarte "Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara".  I got this in my most recent Glossybox and it's funny when I first saw it in stores I hated the packaging and had no interest in trying it for that reason, it seemed so bulky.  BUTOHMY.  I have super thin and "fragile" lashes and it works so well to to make them pop.  I seriously love this mascara.  Thank you Glossybox!!

My Face:
  1. Apply Mac's Mineralize Moisture Foundation all over with a stippling brush.
  2. Concealed under the eyes with Mac's Pro Longwear Concealer.
  3. Set the under eye make up with Milani's "Multitasker" Face Powder
  4. Bronze/contour the face by adding Mac's Bronzing Powder to the hallow of the cheeks, under the jaw, around the hairline and on the sides of the nose.
  5. For blush use Mac's "Blush All Day".
  6. For a highlight above the blush and cupid's bow use Bare Minerals Veil and for the nose, chin and forehead highlight use Mary Kay's Facial Highlighting Pen
  7. Powder the rest of the with the Mac Mineralize Foundation/Loose.
For my lips I threw on Estee Lauder's Pure Color Gloss in "Impulsive Coral Shimmer".

No comments:

Post a Comment